The idea of someone finding an old building locally and selling you the wood for your project may sound wonderful but it has problems.
1. It can be a bit like a flea market. The wood they have available today may not be available tomorrow.
2. It may not be available in the quantity you need and if you find you need an extra board, it may not be available.
3. If you are designing today but won’t be purchasing the wood until sometime, in the future, most suppliers of reclaimed wood can’t hold it for you or guarantee that it will be available when you are ready to place an order.
4. It may contain nails, screws and other objects that damage a contractor’s saws and other tools or even be a safety hazard.
5. The ability to finish the wood to your specifications in the dimensions you require may be limited. This then requires costly jobsite fabrication.
Elmwood Solves The Issues
Architects and designers can now specify reclaimed wood with the same reliability as a window.
The big secret in reclaimed wood... It’s about the species and not the building. The older buildings that are commonly used for reclaimed wood were built in the days when they used locally available materials. Each region of the country had a few species of trees in their forests. Walnut in the midwest, Pine in the southeast, Oak in the great lakes reigon, Elm in the upper midwest, The list goes on... Rather than relying on a local area for their reclaimed wood, Elmwood sources their woods nationally. This enables us to provide you with the widest choice of woods. Whether you are looking for the properties of a particular species like strength or moisture re-sistance for interior or exterior applications. Or the ability to stand up to the demands of a flooring application. Or the right aesthetic appearance for your project, Elmwood can provide you with what you need.
Talk to our experts about your project, They can recommend the best species to meet your requirements and send you samples today.
Ready to Ship Products
Need some product in a hurry?
Our ready to ship items are just that, in stock and ready to ship! It's the same high quality material used in all of our projects, except its pre-milled and ready to go.
Free Catalog, Price Guide, and Samples
Nothing takes the place of holding a physical sample.
Each request is special and unique. Maybe it's a hand hewn beam destined for greatness, or a custom reclaimed flooring sample headed out west. Whatever the case, we take great pride in preparing a handmade custom selection of examples you'll be proud to receive. We've been at this for a while, and, our sample shop full of well seasoned wood aficionados allows us to get you what you need promptly, fitting everyone's busy schedule.